Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Crock Pot: Cooking Made Easy

I love my Crock Pot.

I love my Crock Pot.

I literally don't think I could say it enough. I LOVE my Crock Pot! It's seriously one of the best inventions that man-kind has ever come up with. Today I made Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili, and it was fantastic!

Hubster and I got home from work around 6:30, and I went straight to the crock pot to check it out. I have this irrational fear that one day I'm going to come home, and there's going to be a gross looking blob of mush in the crock pot instead of some delicious, delectable dinner. I seriously fret over it all day. So when I open the front door, and I'm greeted by this wonderful smell, I instantly relax and feel totally relieved. Such was the case tonight.

Because I'm fairly new to this blogging thing, and I don't have a card reader for my current camera, pictures were not taken tonight. However, it looked just like the pictures in the blog where the recipe is originally posted. You must try this. Seriously. You can click the hyper link posted above to get the recipe, or you can keep reading, because I'm posting it on here as well. All recipe credit goes to Rita May of Rita's Recipes. (Thank you, Rita for this amazingness.)

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
2 chicken breasts, still frozen
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can corn kernels, do not drain
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1 T cumin
1 t chili powder
1 t onion powder
1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese

Put the chicken in the crock pot.
Top with the tomatoes, corn, drained and rinsed beans,
ranch dressing, cumin, onion and chili powders,
stir to combine then top with the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring one or twice
 to blend in the cheese.
Shred the chicken into large pieces
and serve over rice.
Serves 4 (unless you're my hubs, and you eat abnormally large servings for such a skinny man.)

We served this over jasmine rice, and it was fantastic. Hubs and I went on a mission trip to Peru a few summers ago, and now we get really nostalgic when we eat anything with jasmine rice. This means we have it frequently. Plus, jasmine rice is really tasty!


Here's your daily dose of puppy. This is my baby Guster. He was approximately 2.5 months old when this picture was taken. Although he's still very cute, he is definitely not this tiny. Love him bunches!

Have a great night!
-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment